WELCOME to Simple Chit~Chat! Some of my most favorite conversations have happened over a cup-of-joe. So, whether you drink coffee, tea, soda, juice, water, or even a shake this is a place to just relax, and shoot the breeze with your Online Friends. Chit~Chat about your day, your family, your kids, the weather, shopping, just stopping by to say Hi, or anything of personal value to you (of course within reason, LOL). Enjoy your visit with LilacsNDreams Simple Chit~Chat, and our special blend of virtual coffee.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Welcome to Simple Chit Chat Blogs Bloggers Blogspot

Hello, and Welcome to Simple Chit Chat! Glad to have you here with us all. 

Well, now...if it hasn't been one darn thing it has been another! Whew! First I had the issue of losing my old blog, having it removed, having it blocked, and all of the above. The rush to fix the issue, and make it right for all to visit with again. Things are going good with that, I have gotten through the issues with it, and have been comfortable. 

Now....the computer! Honestly, I don't get it with this though! It did it's usually thing it has always done since I have gotten it 3-4 years ago. At different times it will shut down, and say Signal Not Found. You have to know the cable and internet company being used here on the farm. If it isn't the tv channels having issues, it has been the internet, or both. 

So, after it did it's usual shut down thing, I clicked the old button to start it back up. OMG! I had a different desk top, I was saving files to folders that once you restarted the computer they were not saving. Then, I started to move some files into other folders with these changes to save them, and that was not working. It would not save the browswer I was setting as my default, any of the address tool bars, and etc. I lost all my bookmarks I had which again is odd. I ran all scans possible for malware bytes, ccleaner, my antiv virus, and my trends housecall too. Nothing was found. It all came out clean. I started to notice on start up of computer that a little message box was coming up saying something about my profile not found. I finally got the message enough that I could ask.com about it. There it was...others had an issue at one point with it too. Some corrupted file, and I had to work with my administrative users to fix it. One instruction was the registry keys. I really hate working with those, and try to avoid them as I never want to make things worse than what they were. 

What I cannot understand is the bookmarks, and all my files which are in the hard drive of the computer. How on earth! Well, some of the folders I had moved to other files, and made short cuts to the desk top, and I find those short cut paths....but now I cannot get them open. I am finding the old folders, but it is showing them empty too. I finally got a new administrator set up on the computer, and all things going into files, the desktop, and all of that is now saving. What a deal, and what a mess it has been. Heart breaking too as some of those files had a few pictures I did not get into my place I save them at online. A few that I can not get back that I thought would be with my computer in the hard drive like all files, and folders. 

So, that was my weekend, and beginning of my week for me so far. Trying to get things caught up, and having to redo some pics for my resale stores online too. That is a chore in itself! I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekends, and had fun. Now it is cooler here, and the air has again been turned off. Why run that when I can cool without using power, right?:)

Thanks for sharing your time at Simple Chit~Chat, and hope to see you visiting again soon. Take care, and have a sweet day everyone.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment